Australian Hero Ingredients Taking The World By Storm
As a proud Australian skincare brand, naturally we have an affinity with local native ingredients but the 100% reason we include them in our formulations is the fantastic, targeted benefits they have for your skin.
I would like to share with you a little about:
- three such powerhouse Australian native fruits which make up our unique Multifruit Renewal System and which take starring roles across our skincare range; and
- Why we chose not one but three; Desert Lime, Kangaroo Apple and Davison Plum in a certified organic Aloe Vera base.
For those who may not know, Super Food skincare is essentially products that are formulated with ingredients that offer super-impressive health benefits and often contain a much greater antioxidant index than other more common skincare ingredients. As a result, these products have the ability to rejuvenate and restore the skin in a truly impressive level.
An initial inspiration for our choice was the increasing amount of scientific research underpinning their benefits which is being recognised around the world.
So, it was a no brainer to create our multi-fruit base with the following three ingredients and then add additional ingredients to target specific skincare needs for each product:
Desert lime - Citrus glauca or formerly Eremocitrus glauca
Desert lime comes from a thorny shrub or small species of tree that is native to Queensland, New South Wales, and South Australia. We specifically chose the extract of desert lime to include across our skincare formulas as it has amazing skincare benefits, due to its high Vitamin C content.
It also contains 9 phytoactive compounds which are encapsulated within the tiny precious droplets of juice.
This high content of Vitamin C helps to reduce pigmentation and to increase anti-oxidant levels.
It helps to promote collagen production and skin repair by boosting hydration and it is suitable for use on sensitive and irritated skin.
Desert Limes are very rich in three essential vitamins: vitamin C, vitamin B9 (folate), and vitamin E. and contain the following beneficial actives:
- Limnocitrin provides potent antioxidant protection and supports healthy collagen production.
- Furanocoumarin promotes healthy skin cell production.
- Coumarin has anti-fungicidal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. It is used in certain medicinal skin treatments because of its photosensitive properties.
- Psoralens are used medicinally in the treatment for skin problems such as psoriasis due to its UV absorbing properties.
Vitamin C Brightening Serum with Kakadu Plum, Turmeric & Rosehip
Davidson Plum - Davidsonia Jerseyana
A powerful yet gentle antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, its target benefit is a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving the skin surface plump and firm. It promotes skin elasticity through enhanced collagen and elastin production.
This luscious brilliantly coloured little fruit is also packed with stem cell compounds and is traditionally found in the Rainforests of the East Coast of Australia. These compounds - Tartaric Acid, Gallic Acid, Quercetin, and Anthocyanin work together and are a powerful yet gentle antioxidant for disrupting free-radical damage.
It acts as a stabiliser for Vitamin C which made it the perfect complementary extract for Kakadu Plum and Desert Lime.
Known to even and brighten skin tone, it helps reduce redness, dark circles and spots and has been linked to the promotion of collagen and elastin production to prevent premature aging.
Davidson Plum contains the following beneficial actives:
- Anthocyanin has an anti-inflammatory action which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
It is described as behaving like an alpha-hydroxy acid (‘AHA’)
- Phenolic Acid also is described as behaving like an AHA and has antimicrobial, antioxidant, & anti-inflammatory properties.
- Flavone Glycosides are strong antioxidants, reducing the creation of free radicals. They are reported to stabilize Vitamin C and intensify the antioxidant activity of Vitamin C.
They may also help to strengthen capillaries, reducing dark circles & puffiness under the eye.
Cell Renewal Peptide Serum with Green Tea, Ginseng and Fig
Kangaroo Apple - Solanum Aviculare
Is wild harvested from the East coast of Australia and full of bio-available phytoactive ingredients and works to reduce inflammation and brighten the skin for a more even tone and texture. The Natural amino acids present in this active help to clear away dead skin cells making it a gentle natural exfoliant.
Kangaroo Apple plants are bushy shrubs that are native to the east coast of Australia. This plant is a particularly exciting discovery for advanced skin rejuvenation.
Kangaroo Apple works to reduce inflammation and brighten the skin for a more even tone and texture. The Natural amino acids in Kangaroo apple also help to clear away dead skin cells and promote radiant smooth skin from the very first use.
Kangaroo Apple contains the following beneficial actives:
- Tryptophan is an amino acid known to reduce static electricity by neutralizing electrical charge on a surface and thus locks in moisture and assists in restoring the skin’s barrier function.
- Alpha & Beta Solanine is known for skin rejuvenation by the exfoliation of dead skin cells and lightening of the skin by reducing sunspots.
There you have it - a little deep dive into the Multi-fruit Renewal System which is the foundation of our Skincare range.Make sure you explore our Super Food skincare collection to discover how these potent natural ingredients can benefit your skin!